Within the interdisciplinary COMET project “Digital Motion” we are looking to shed light on interacting with motion and emotion data using multisensory feedback channels. To investigate this field, we will be building high fidelity prototypes for user testing in the lab and in store with our industry partners (e.g., Adidas) and scientific partners from PLUS Sports Sciences and Salzburg Research.
The goal is to develop a demonstrator system that utilizes psychophysiological sensors with new, intuitive interaction concepts to provide visual real-time motion feedback while running.
We are looking for a student with interest in Game Design and Human-Computer Interaction.
Deadline for application: August 31, 2021
Intended date of beginning: As soon as possible thereafter
Duration: up to 12 months
Extent of employment in hours per week: max. 20
- You are a bachelor or master student in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, MultiMediaArt, MultiMediaTechnology, or a related program;
- You are interested in Game Development and Human-Computer Interaction;
- Good programming skills (possibly experience with real-time simulation) – Experience or high motivation to familiarize yourself with game engines (Unity 3D, Unreal)
- First knowledge of (social) scientific research methods
- Good written and spoken English;
- Willingness to work independently and to support the project team in any tasks that may arise.
What we offer:
- An interdisciplinary, vibrant group of researchers in- and outside the Center for HCI;
- Extent and duration of employment: by agreement
- An extraordinary research facility that supports individual styles of working;
- Flexible working hours.
The position is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law and with § 30 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (Collective Agreement for University Employees; group C; the gross monthly salary for 20 hours is EUR 1.073,65, 14x per year).
For further information regarding this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please send your application including motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than August 31, 2021 (please state the reference number in your application: HCI_2021_DiMo).