PhD position in Human-Computer Interaction
Deadline for application: June 27, 2018
Intended date of beginning: October 1, 2018
We are seeking a PhD candidate for research and teaching in the area of human-computer interaction and user experience research (particularly in the areas of contextual interfaces, social interaction, individuals’ needs, or computer-supported cooperative work). The candidate will support administrative activities and conduct self-initiated research activities, including the work on a dissertation. Starting from the third year, independent teaching is expected with the extent of two hours per week.
- Completed master studies in HCI, computer science, psychology, communication science, sociology, design, or similar (preferably with a focus on human-computer interaction)
- Experiences in publishing internationally within HCI venues, teaching experiences, working in projects, excellent methodological skills and theoretical knowledge, as well as being part of international scientific networks are a plus
Required personal qualities:
- Capacity for teamwork, resilience, purposefulness
- Passion for academic research and teaching
- Perfect command of English (verbal and written)
Expected duration: 4 years
Extent of employment in hours per week: 30
Application: Please send your application (including the reference number GZ A 0092/1-2018) to email@example.com.
The PhD position is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law and with § 26 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (Collective Agreement for University Employees; group B1; the gross monthly salary for 30 hours is EUR 2.096,00, 14x per year). For further information regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paris-Lodron University Salzburg particularly welcomes applications from women in accordance with its mission to increase the number of women in academic positions. In case of equal qualification, female applicants will be hired preferentially. Individuals with disabilities or chronic conditions, who meet the required qualifications, are explicitly invited to apply. Further information will be provided by via email@example.com.
Unfortunately, travel and accommodation expenses for job interviews will not be reimbursed; if applicable, remote interviews can be arranged. Employment will be done in agreement with the University rules 2002 (UG) as well as the Employee rules.