The University of Salzburg (Austria) is offering a PhD position at the Center for Human-Computer Interaction with focus on Persuasive Technology Design. As part of our interdisciplinary team, you will conduct design, prototyping and research activities in an international Horizon2020 project. Together with our team of designers, engineers, social and natural scientists you will explore, conceptualize, design and prototype screen-based, embedded and tangible persuasive interfaces. Following a user centered-design approach you will conduct requirements analyses, built prototypes and evaluate these with experts and end-users.
- You hold a degree in Computer Science, Media Informatics, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Persuasive Technology, Applied Psychology or a related discipline
- You like to conceptualize and prototype interaction designs for empirical research, (i.e. mock-ups, video-prototypes, paper-prototypes, experience prototypes)
- Your interests, skills, and experience cover several of the following areas:
- Persuasive Technology and Behavior Change Support Systems
- User-centered design methods and approaches for UI engineering
- Interaction design methods and tools
- Rapid prototyping tools and materials including Physical Computing
- Coding for mobile platforms (e.g., Java, iOS, etc.)
- User-centered Design and Human-Computer Interaction
- Preferably, you have a track record of research in the field of HCI / Persuasive Technology (at conferences such as CHI, Persuasive Technology, DIS, UIST, MobileHCI).
- You have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
What we offer:
- An interdisciplinary, vibrant group of researchers that facilitates individual research careers
- An extraordinary research facility that supports individual styles of working
- The possibility to enroll in the HCI PhD program at the University of Salzburg
- An international, well-established network of industry and research partners
Deadline for application: January 8, 2018
Intended date of beginning: March 1, 2018
Duration: to be negotiated
Extent of employment in hours per week: 30
The PhD position is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law and with § 26 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (Collective Agreement for University Employees; group B1; the gross monthly salary for 30 hours is EUR 2048,30, 14x per year).
For further information regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application including CV, description of your previous work (e.g., projects, portfolio, scientific publications) and contact information, to email@example.com not later than January 8, 2018 (please state the reference number in your application: HCI_2017_PT).
Unfortunately, travel and accommodation expenses for job interviews will not be reimburse; if applicable, remote interviews can be arranged. Employment will be done in agreement with the University rules 2002 (UG) as well as the Employee rules.