Area: Human-Computer Interaction with focus on user research/ambient and assisted living
Deadline for application: 15 October 2019
Intended date of beginning: November 2019
The University of Salzburg (Austria) is offering a junior researcher position at the Center for Human-Computer Interaction with focus on “Ambient and Assisted Living”. As part of our interdisciplinary team, you will conduct user research in the international Horizon 2020 project SAAM – Supporting Ageing through Multimodal Coaching.
Together with our team of designers, engineers, and social scientists and an interdisciplinary team of scientists from Slovenia, Bulgaria, Germany, and the UK you will conduct user research with senior citizens with respect to implementing assisted living systems improving wellbeing through personalized, sensing-based coaching.
You are a bachelor or master student in Social Sciences – Psychology, Sociology, Communication Science, Anthropology, or a related discipline you consider relevant for the project. You like to conduct user research, especially qualitative research (focus groups, interviews, probing, etc.).
Your interests, skills, and experience cover several of the following areas:
- User-centered research
- Conducting and analyzing interview data
- Conducting and analyzing focus group data
- Observation and ethnography
- Technical or cultural probing
You have good communication skills in spoken and written English and German.
What we offer:
- An interdisciplinary, vibrant group of researchers that facilitates individual research careers
- An extraordinary research facility that supports individual styles of working
- An international, well-established network of industry and research partners
- Deadline for application: 15 October 2019
- Intended date of beginning: November 2019
- Duration: 9 months with possibility of extension
- Extent of employment in hours per week: 20
The position is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law and with § 26 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (Collective Agreement for University Employees; group B1; the gross monthly salary for 20 hours is EUR € 1030,8, 14x per year).
For further information regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application including CV, a short letter of intent and contact information, to email@example.com not later than 15 October 2019 (please state the reference number in your application: HCI_2019_SAAM_SS).
Unfortunately, travel and accommodation expenses for job interviews will not be reimbursed; if applicable, remote interviews can be arranged. Employment will be done in agreement with the University rules 2002 (UG) as well as the Employee rules.