6-year Postdoc position in Human-Computer Interaction
Deadline for application: June 27, 2018
Intended date of beginning: October 1, 2018
We are seeking a Postdoc for research and teaching in the area of human-computer interaction and user experience research (particularly in the areas of contextual interfaces and contextual experience, interaction engineering, future modes of interaction, intelligent interfaces, human-robot interaction, or automation interfaces). The candidate is expected to organise and realise research projects (basic research as well as cooperation with industry partners), to cooperate with other scientific departments, to establish and maintain industrial contacts, and to acquire external funds. Independent teaching is expected with the extent of four hours per week.
The candidate is provided with the opportunity to work on a habilitation (post-doctoral qualification); in case of successful completion of the habilitation the position will become permanent.
- You have a PhD in HCI, Computer Science, Psychology, Sociology, Communication Science or comparable fields (e.g., Robotics) relevant for Human-Computer Interaction
- Preferably, you have: a track record within excellent scientific journals and conferences in the field of Human-Computer Interaction, academic teaching experience, experience with research projects and industrial project partners, substantial knowledge of research methods and HCI theories, as well as established networks within the international research community
Required personal qualities:
- Capacity for teamwork, resilience, purposefulness
- Passion for academic research and teaching
- Perfect command of English (verbal and written)
Expected duration: 6 years
Extent of employment in hours per week: 40
Next to the usual application documents (letter of motivation, CV, and, if possible, graduation certificates), applications should include
- a description of research achievements
- a report of teaching experiences including supervision activities
- a research and teaching statement detailing future plans to shape the scientific profile of the Center for HCI
- considerations regarding knowledge transfer and scientific management
- a description of additional skills and social competencies
Please send your application (including the reference number GZ A 0091/1-2018) to email@example.com.
This university assistant (Postdoc) position is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law and with § 26 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (Collective Agreement for University Employees; group B1; the gross monthly salary for 40 hours is EUR 3.711,10, 14x per year). For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paris-Lodron University Salzburg particularly welcomes applications from women in accordance with its mission to increase the number of women in academic positions. In case of equal qualification, female applicants will be hired preferentially. Individuals with disabilities or chronic conditions, who meet the required qualifications, are explicitly invited to apply. Further information will be provided by via email@example.com.
Unfortunately, travel and accommodation expenses for job interviews will not be reimbursed; if applicable, remote interviews can be arranged. Employment will be done in agreement with the University rules 2002 (UG) as well as the Employee rules.