With the 5G Exploration Space Salzburg project, we research how 5G networks might enable real-time collaboration through immersive technologies such as augmented reality. To investigate this topic, we are building high fidelity AR prototypes for real time collaboration and spatial interaction for urban design.
We are looking for a research fellow / PhD candidate with an interest in 3D interaction and designing augmented reality applications.
Deadline for application: 1st of October 2021
Intended date of beginning: as soon as possible thereafter
Duration: 1-2 years
Extent of employment in hours per week: 30
- Work within the research project 5G Exploration Space Salzburg (https://www.5g-explorationspace.net/)
- Design and implementation of interactive prototypes (i.e. augmented reality applications)
- Collaboration in the planning, preparation, implementation and evaluation of user studies
- Good programming foundation, i.e. Master’s degree in Computer Science / Interaction Design / Multimedia Technology or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in high programming level languages (C#, C/C++, Java, etc.)
- Experience using 3D design and game engines (Unity 3D, Unreal)
- Experience in developing augmented reality applications, 3D interaction or 3D modelling
- Willingness to work both independently as well as in a team
What we offer:
- An interdisciplinary, vibrant group of researchers that facilitates individual research careers
- An extraordinary research facility that supports individual styles of working
- An international, well-established network of industry and research partners
The position is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law and with § 28 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (Collective Agreement for University Employees; group B1; the gross monthly salary for 30 hours is EUR € 2228,6 14x per year).
For further information regarding this position, please contact email@example.com
Please send your application including CV, a short letter of intent and contact information, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st of October 2021 (please state the reference number in your application: HCI_2021_5G).
Unfortunately, travel and accommodation expenses for job interviews will not be reimbursed; if applicable, remote interviews can be arranged. Employment will be done in agreement with the University rules 2002 (UG) as well as the Employee rules.