The Center for Human-Computer Interaction at the University of Salzburg is looking for a student assistant (f/m/d) to join the collaborative research project FEM*mad: Female* Engagements in Making – Making a Difference. In this project, we investigate access to technology-driven making for underrepresented groups – especially women* and girls*. We explore and implement interventions in the field to define “best practices” that facilitate diverse ways of making.
Deadline for application: July 31, 2021
Intended date of beginning: As soon as possible thereafter
Duration: up to 12 months
Extent of employment in hours per week: 20
- You are a bachelor or master student in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Communication Studies, or a related program;
- You are interested in Human-Computer Interaction and feminist perspectives;
- You have theoretical skills and/or practical experiences in one or more of the following areas: qualitative research methods, graphical design / illustrations, programming, (physical) prototyping, making, and/or feminist theories;
- You are eager to conduct empirical work with users of all ages and gender identities;
- You are fluent in German and English.
What we offer:
- An interdisciplinary, vibrant group of researchers in- and outside the Center for HCI;
- An extraordinary research facility that supports individual styles of working;
- Flexible working hours.
The position is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law and with § 30 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (Collective Agreement for University Employees; group C; the gross monthly salary for 20 hours is EUR 1.073,65, 14x per year).
For further information regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application including motivation letter and CV to email@example.com not later than July 31, 2021 (please state the reference number in your application: 2021_StudA_FEMmad).